Sunday, April 28, 2013

I've been a Smashing Fool

I have been smashing all weekend, and have been having a blast.
I know my smashing is more of a scrapbook style, but that's what I do ;)
I think I am the slowest person when it comes to creating.
Like I said I have been Smashing all weekend, but have only completed 6 pages (3...2 page spreads) and have started on the next one.

Here are the pages I did about my getaway with my friend Debbie, from last Aug.
I made the envelopes, or I should say altered the envelopes on these pages.
















I took an envelope, sealed the flap and then cut it down to the size I needed. 
I also sliced a thin bit off the opposite end for my papers to go in.

















Then I scored the end, cut the back off to the score mark and lastly folded and adhered the front flap to the back of the envelope.
You know what...just watch my video, lol. Start at the 2:00 mark.
















I also altered this bank envelope.
I'm not sure why, but I have a thing with envelopes, lol.
This one was easy. I just measured my paper to fit in the outlined box of the envelope.
Cut the flap off and cut a half circle off the top.
















Now lets take a closer look at the page shall we?
I sized the photos to be 4 up. What that means is I can fit 4 photos on a regular 4x6 photo.
Here is the 1st envelope I altered.
I put in the map of our hike, the Mr Chinese menu and bill that we received when we went out to our getaway :)





















I used the same sized photos for this page as well.
Here is the second envelope that I altered.
Inside here, I did some journaling of our days there. It is a real long journal tag and there is journaling on both sides.
I wanted to keep this saying on the bottom of this page, so I worked around it.





















Even though it has taken me all day to do just this one layout, it was fun and more freeing.
Freeing, as I used my own handwriting, I didn't worry about matting every photo and I use more of my memorabilia on these pages.
Oops I just realized I didn't add my fortunes from our fortune cookies on here...I did save them though ;)

I wanted to stay home all day and create, so Wayne took Heather and Kristy driving.
He said they did good :)

I hope you all have had a creative Sunday :)

Tracy :)

11 comments:

  1. Man, that just makes me WANT to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smash book is coming along great, Loving the pages. Now you have giving the bug I want to do one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your smash book- i am going to start one abut our vacation this year. i think it would be really cool and i love your tip on the envelopes! just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Envelopes Are So Cool! Why Don't I Save Mine Again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the altered envelopes, smashing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great way to keep your memories! I love the fact you still had the receipt for the meal from last year!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your smash journal is looking good. Love the envies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your smash journal is looking awesome! I really love the altered envelopes and how many pictures you were able to fit!

    I need to remember to start saving all those ones I get in my bills to mail back the checks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun smash book! Thanks for sharing how you altered the envelopes...very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)