Monday, February 23, 2015

Chickadee card with Gelatos.

I played a bit today :)
Not only is this the first time this stamp touched ink…but that isn't the only first I did today.














I also used my Gelatos as a water colour in colouring in this stamp.
I used my Gelatos with this water pen.
I also used some water colour paper…and as you can see, the first time I stamped it up, it didn't fully stamp.
I have to get a new craft desk, mine is warped and not only bad for stamping…but my containers on the desk are wobbling because of it.























At first I wanted to try to just dip my water pen in the Gelatos…the colour came out very very light.
But then again, I haven't used some of the colours and the Gelato tips might have been hard.
So I took a lid of a container ( I was to lazy to go and get an acrylic block) smeared some of the colour on the lid, and then picked it up with my water pen. That worked so much better.
I even added a bit of the colour directly from the Gelato to the paper, that came out the darkest.

















I added some light blue in the blank spaces in between the birds and flowers.
It is more noticeable in person than in the photos.
I am pretty happy with how this card turned out and it didn't take very long at all.

















Onto My Day:
I wasn't home much as Kristy needed to do some errands.
Not only that, she dropped her phone yesterday.
Even though it looks perfectly fine and it did work for a bit afterwords..,it was toast.
Our contract wasn't up, but she only had to pay $48.00 to get out of the contract and her iPhone was free with a 2 year contract.
What sucks though, is the price of the monthly bill has gone up. Our old contract was just before Christmas and was a real good deal.

I hope you all had a very Creative Monday :)

Tracy :)

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Tracy luv the colouring, I went from the iPhone 4 to the 6 so my bill with phone went from £17 to £43 I will be glad when it's finished
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Tracy! You can send that my way since there are no signs of spring around here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image is so gorgeous!! You colored it beautifully!! It's so fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the effect of the Gelatos! So pretty! !! Crap,now I might need some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally love the soft effects from these. beaustiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card...I need to try using my Gelatos for that too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I love the gelato colors seem purer somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice!! I played with mine as well - I made a test background for my journal. I like how you did the blue border.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job coloring. I haven't used Gelatos like this before. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS!! I've always wanted to try Gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Tracy, the bird image is wonderful.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Tracy, the bird image is wonderful.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy, your stamp is so happy it finally felt the beauty of ink! :) You did a lovely job with the coloring!!! Hope you have more fun with your gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely and stunning stamp and your card is lovely too.

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use a glass mat to stamp on since my table is a bit warped, too. Of course, if your other stuff isn't sitting right it just might be time for a new table. Love the birds in your image.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)