Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fortunes, cards and some cold tootsies.

We are staying at Peregrine Point Cottage at Mink Mountain Resort.
We have never stayed in this cottage before. It was a really cute cottage.
Lots of windows and a nice big dinning table. Those are the two main criteria on where we will stay. We need good lighting and a nice size table for scrap booking on....oh ya and a hot tub ;)

On the way to the cabin, Debbie and I picked up Chinese food to eat for supper.
Here is what my fortune said:

 Debbie seemed impressed with my fortune message.
I encouraged her to open hers:
















She was like, well that's crap, lol. 

We enjoyed the hot tub.
It was pretty flipping cold outside. Even though it was on the deck, walking out in -15C with bare feet in a swim suit was crazy. Yes that is frost in the deck and snow on the ground.
Saturday night the temp was -20C, even colder, but once you get in the warm water, its heaven :)
Unless your friend dares you to run through the snow, then its really flipping cold.  I am a sucker for a dare ;)
















So Friday and Saturday was an all day/night card making, creative, inspirational, loved every second of it paradise.
We made 26 cards between the both of us. Which I think is awesome, as at our last weekend retreat, I think I made the same amount of cards, but it was a 3 day getaway, plus a lot of my images were coloured already. This time I coloured as I went.
Here are our finished cards
















Over the next few days or so, I will share with you my cards in more detail.
Some are simple (even though they still took a long time to make), and others more detailed.
We both challenged ourselves to use papers that we didn't really care for, and those cards are two of my favourite cards that we did.

I hope your Saturday was as creative and as enjoyable as mine was :)

Tracy :)

15 comments:

  1. Good for you- got lots done! Looking forward to the deets.
    I had a lazy Sat...resting because I have a wee bit of a cold. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had so much fun! Look at all those cards! @@ Can't wait to see them up close. I've been vacuuming all day, cleaning dishes out of my sink doing laundry (none of it mine of course) and I still have not dyed my roots. I need one of those weekends away, and a hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Tracy! I'm glad you got so much done and I can't wait for some up close photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you two ladies had a blast and got a lot accomplished as well. All the cards look great. I have been making cards the last few days and I am trying to use up my scraps (I have a ton of scraps) whether I like the paper or not.
    Looking forward to seeing your cards up close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun. 26 cards, wow! Can't wait to see the details on them =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can't believe you guys made that many cards! BUT I want to see the photo of you guys running in the snow! LOL Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. look at all those cards! looks like you are having a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like so much fun. You were brave to do the hot tub and the snow run!

    Can't wait to see the cards featured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so wish I had a video camera for the "snow runner"...that poor snowman! LOL
    Had a great time - Can't wait till august...don't want to rush time tho - cause that would mean the end of summer.)... Will have to do a saturday card making at one of our house's before camp time - thanks for a great weekend - Luv ya BFF!...

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow--look like you guys had a great weekend.. I so need to find someone in my area to do that. thanks for sharig.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That's a lot of cards! I talk too much to get very much accomplished. LOL!

    I also don't see myself walking outdoors in a bathing suit this time of year, not even to get into a hot tub.Nope. I know, I'm a wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a perfect fortune for you! Looks like you had fun and got tons of pretty cards made. Look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like so much fun! Impressed by all the cards you made!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I bet you gave yourselves a big pat on the back for that kind of turm out :0) How awesome! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you girls rocked those cards! I wanna see closeups! That hot tub looks like heaven on earth ! Sounds like ya'll had fun. I didnt get to go spend my gift card yet hoping to this weekend. I have been busy today made a sympathy card for my former boss ( his mother passed away) and me and Tim's Anniversary is tomorrow. So I made him a card and I altered a picture frame for him with a picture of us! I will try to get them uploaded to my blog soon lol~ I have neglected my poor blog haha
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)