Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy 21st Birthday Heather

Today is my middle daughter Heather's 21st Birthday.
I am too young to have adult children...well I feel to young to have adult children.

Heather told me the best birthday card she ever received was the one I made her last year.
You can see it here.
So this year I had I try and do as good as last year ;)
She loves Alice in Wonderland, so I knew I wanted to use this paper again.
But I had to make it different then last year.
I added the pocket watch and the pen nib. She loved it :)
















I also do calligraphy and use these types of nibs that I dip in the ink.
I also loved writing with nibbed pens with the ink cartridges inside the barrel.
So I love these embellishments :)
I used the back of the paper pack for the background of this card.
















 I also love these pocket watch embellishments.
Alice is attached with a TH hitch fastener so she can be flipped up to see the pocket watch better.





















The inside of the card before I added the mushy letter I wrote to Heather.
















Onto My Day:
In our family when its your birthday, you get to choose where you want the family to go out for your for birthday dinner.
Heather wants to go to Olive Garden. We have only been there once as we don't have one here.
She decided to wait to go for her birthday dinner when we go to Minneapolis.
So I wanted to take her out for lunch.
She wanted to share her birthday lunch with her sisters :)
Here are my beautiful daughters Ashley, Kristy and Heather.
These girls are my heart.
















After lunch I was exhausted, so when I got home I took a little nap :)  I guess I am old enough for adult daughters, lol.
Plus I have a sore back from shoveling snow last night. Hubby doesn't understand that shoveling is a man's job.....in my opinion ;)
Tonight Sharon and her hubby Jim came by to enjoy some ice cream cake.
We teased Heather that we forgot to get her a birthday cake. She wanted to try an Oreo Blizzard ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. We got it yesterday, but she didn't know that.

My rash is almost gone :)
The doctor's receptionist phoned me today to ask me if I could make it in to see the doctor at 4:00. My rash is almost gone so I didn't need to see him. When I got off the phone I noticed the time was 4:15. Ummm does anyone have a time machine, I would have had to go back in time to make that one.

I hope you all had a creative Monday :)

Tracy :)

37 comments:

  1. Lol on the time! Glad that rash is almost gone. LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the rash is almost gone!

    Your daughters look like such wholesome, lovely girls. So pretty!
    I consider snow shovelling mans work and so I never do it...teehee...my theory is if you do it once it could become your permanent job...I'm taking no chances of that!!!
    Seriously, I have horrible balance problems (fall easily) and DH doesn't even like me to walk through the snow to get the mail.
    Too many broken, legs, ankles, collar bones, arms, wrist...so now he' overprotective of my and snow.
    Lucky me, I say!
    Ps Love the card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry it isn't midnight yet here. So happy birthday Heather, may all your dreams come true and you have a few grand kids some day to try your mom bonkers. LOL now where's the cake, I know someone had to say cake? I know I heard it.
    Big hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  4. "try to drive your mom bonkers". Me thinks me clever but clearly me is not! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Alice in Wonderland card :-) Happy birthday to Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday to heather!! and what a cool card!! you really rocked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Heather! Mmm, Olive Garden sounds good. We have one right by our house and hardly ever go though. Your card is amazing, I can only imagine how the mini will turn out! So happy to hear about your rash going away! I guess the dr got the right cream, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the birthday card you made for Heather and I hope she had a wonderful 21st birthday. Good choice for a birthday dinner-it is worth the wait. We don't have one here, so always have to go when we are out of town. Only one in MT and it is in Billings.
    I do lots of snow shoveling around here since Curtis is gone so much.
    Glad your rash it almost subsided. Beware of those hot tubs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your daughter! Beautiful card!

    I know what you mean about not feeling old enough to have grown daughter's, but those afternoon naps sure are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great themed card. I'm sure she loved it! Yes, shoveling snow is hard work from what I remember :-) Glad your rash is clearing up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Heather! Love the card and the pen nib!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Happy Birthday to Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Heather! That is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy birthday to Heather! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Heather! Your daughters are so beautiful and happy. I hope my kids still like me when they are older LOL. Love the card.

    Tell Wayne shoveling is a man's job. Also included with that is mowing the lawn and taking out the garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy birthday to your dd! I love when surprises work out that way too. And I also think that shovelling should be the dh's job...it isn't in our house either (that honour falls to the dw & her two adorable boys)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and even more beautiful are your daughters. They have such gorgeous eyes, a lovely shade of blue.
    Glad your rash is almost gone, that is a very good thing. Shoveling snow, taking out the trash, mowing the lawn all of these chores have my husband's name on them. I do more than my fair share of cleaning on the inside so I don't feel bad in the least that he takes care of those jobs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday to your daughter, so sweet how she loves your cards you make her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday to your daughter,you have three gorgoeus daugthers.:)
    Your card is also really fabulous, great work.
    Whis you a wonderful day.:)Hugs Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your daughters are lovely :)
    Glad the rash is about cleared up

    And that card is soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful girls!

    Love the card. This was my fave G45 line ever.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such beautiful daughters! Awesome card :0)Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic card! I'm sure she loved it!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday to Heather! The card this year is just as awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations with your daughters' birthday! Your daughters are beautiful and both this years birthday card and last years card are awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday Heather, a girl after my own heart (Oreo Ice Cream cake - YUMMY)
    and the card you made was absolutely gorgeous! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope your DD really enjoyed her special day!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Today is also my grandma's birthday, well technically it's tomorrow, but 3 times out of 4 it's today! Happy birthday Heather! Hope she liked her cake. What a cool card you made for her again this year! I'm sure it will be a tough choice for her now on which one is the best.

    And that Doctor's office is kinda funny and kinda scarey at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Birthday to your daughter Heather. Hope she has an awesome birthday. =) I love the card. I'm a fan of Alice in Wonderland too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday heather! That's a beautiful card, great job!

    Tracy, just tell everyone you're 28 like I do. Sometimes they believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look too young to have adult children :) Hope you had a fabulous birthday...that card is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Birthday Heather (for Monday) hope you had a good one! Awesome card, I love that paper! Mine lives in the hoard vault :)

    I dont want to rub it in.... but you need to change your profile write-up... you dont have 3 teenage daughters anymore ... :D bwahahahahaha *ahem* sorry, I'll go back to what I was doing...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great card! I love the paper. I love Olive Garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. SO glad to hear that the rash is almost gone! STUNNING card you made Heather! Happy Birthday :) Your daughters are so pretty! It`s amazing how much we love our children, just when you think you can not possibly love them more you realise that it just keeps growing! lol X

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)