Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Creepy Cute girls…or just plain Creepy

If you know me then you know I am always up for a challenge.
I also love to try new things.
I also "think" that I can do anything.

That was until I decided to enter a "Creepy Cute" swap, lol.
I was encouraged to enter this swap/challenge by the host of the FB group, even when I told her I couldn't draw.
She then informed me that I can use a stamped image.
So I jumped in….then I thought that these other women/artists are going to be drawing their "Creepy/Cute" characters. So if I use a stamp would that not be a cop out?

So I thought I would give it a try.
Creepy cute art is where the character is cute…but has a hint of creepiness to them.
Now the first one is just plain creepy, lol.
She looks like she has an alien head. Plus I couldn't get the other eye right, so I just drew it closed.
The second one isn't as bad, but if you know me, then you also know, I'm not one to practice.
Looks like I may be using a stamped image after all, lol.






















I received my ATC swap from My Pixie Life :)
Thank you so much Camilla :)
I love the dimension of those tiny purple flowers and the image in the centre is so so cute.
A perfect "Spring" theme card.
Thank you for the extra goodies Camilla, I love the sticky note pad.

















I was in my craft room organizing a bit more today…organizing or shit shifting, not sure which, but my supplies are being moved where I will have better access to them :)

I hope you all had a creative Wednesday :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for giving the drawing a whirl! I am an artist, but not when it comes to drawing. Harlee can draw better than her nana! It's stick people for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure abut the creep factor! lol

    Your ATC's look lovely. It is so fun to swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to say that I like your second drawing better. The first one does look a little creepy but at least you did try. Love the ATC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should give it one more try, Tracy, your second drawing was good! Cute ATC and little bundle from your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If at first you don't succeed :-) Lovely little bundle and ATC. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish 'shit shifting' was an Olympic sport...I would be a gold medalist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you definitely have the creepy part down. Lol! I'm pretty anxious to see this room re-organization... You might even inspire me to shift some shit around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, "shit shifting" is my new favorite phrase! I plan on doing that today with the large pile of paperwork to be filed on my dining room table ;)

    Your girls are great! I can't draw at all. Mine would be stick figures. I don't even know how to make that cute or creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thing your drawings are great. More character than a stamp

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't seem to be in to creepy cute myself. I'm not even fond of just creepy. the ATCs are sweet on the other hand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have heard of this shit shifting before ;) LOL I think I might have a PHD in this field but can't find the dang diploma.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)