Thursday, June 5, 2014

Squirrel trouble

Look what those darn giant squirrels did to my bird feeder!!!






















I have mentioned before that we don't have any chipmunks or small red squirrels any more, as the big black and grey squirrels have scared them away.
Not only that, but they are very destructive.
They have chewed holes in the lids of my garbage cans to get into them.
And now they have chewed on my bird feeder to try to get to the little bit of seed they couldn't reach in the middle of this bird feeder.
The other side is just as bad if not worse.

Our small birds don't come around anymore because these critters won't let them any where near the seeds.
Time to get my sling shot out and have a little bit of target practice ;)

I spent most of my day getting some crusher fines (gravel) for Ashley's yard.
She met Heather, Kristy and I at her house for lunch and helped us unload the first 6 buckets….she didn't look too graceful in her dress though ;)
Then Kristy and I went back to the pit for a second load later in the day.
Came home and needed a nap before starting dinner ;)

I hope you all had a very creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. I feel your pain!! I have some metal feeders they can't demolish. But I have. Round open ball I put sun flower seeds in and they are always getting the top off. I was out picking rhubarb today and one was right up at my back door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, our squirrels can be a nuisance by eating all the seed, but aren't ever destructive. Hope you have a good weekend ahead, Tracy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are such pests aren't they - cute but pesky. Our squirrels haven't destroyed the feeder yet but they sure snack there when they get a chance. Good luck in discouraging them. It's a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I can't believe how destructive the squirrels are - that is definitely not cool squirrels. I hope you get them out of your yard and away from your bird feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! That's crazy that a squirrel could do all of that damage! I can just picture Ashley out there in her dress, helping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nasty little squirrelsess (think Gollum voice here). Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time for some squirrel stew! lol

    They are annoying...I am always scared of them as they are so aggressive...I like the red squirrels much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have problems with squirrels too. We got a stand for the feeder that looks kind of like a shepherd's hook. Then we put it in the middle of the yard not near any branches or fences or another scalable launching points. Then we bought some stove piping or dryer piping - it's a thin, smooth, metal tube and wrapped it around the stand's pole. The squirrel's can't scale it because it's smooth and they have nothing to jump on to the feeder either. Now the eat only what the birds drop (or what the deer spill).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The squirrels here have figured out how to get around the baffle we put on the feeder and how to get the bungie cord off the feeder too. and chewed holes in the garbage can where we keep the seed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I had no idea that squirrels did stuff like that! Looks like you need to dust that sling shot off for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)