Thursday, March 3, 2011

Beads and some charms

I got to create today!!!
And now I think I have yet another addiction. But I love my addictions ;)
I had these beads around and wanted to try my hand at some of these charms. I am really happy at how they turned out.
These beads are so pretty. I got the flat black beads and the silver flowers from Shell. They came with some blog candy I won from her. Actually it was the first blog candy I have ever won :)
This one is a bit smaller
This round bead has a bit of purple in it.
I think this one is my favourite. Love this bead with the pink rose. I bought all these round glass beads from the dollar store. They came on a string with 6 of the round beads and 12 tiny clear glass beads separating each larger bead.
I can see me making a lot of these. I made them while hubby and I watched a movie tonight. A nice craft to do while watching TV.
I did have the proper jewelry pliers at one time, but hubby used them for some project or another and broke them. I only have a flat/round pair left. Guess where I'll be going tomorrow, lol.

Onto My Day:
Drove Kristy to school. On the way home my windshield cracked. It had a tiny rock chip in the windshield that happened when we went to the States last time.
Well with the weather being so cold, and then the heat on the windshield to thaw out the ice and keep the windshield from icing up...this happened. If you look closely, you may be able to see the crack (it looks like a wave) that runs the whole length of the windshield. I don't think we will get it fixed until it warms up or at least until we come back from the states. I went to see my niece. The one that just had the baby. She looks so good. We are so happy for her and my nephew. I didn't get to see the baby of course as he is still in ICU. But I did get to see some pictures of him. He doesn't look like a preemie. He weighed 5lbs 3.6 oz. And he looks so much like his daddy. Sooooo happy everything went well for them.

I went to my Pilate's class tonight. Last one. I have done Pilate's before on my own, so these classes seemed a little easy for me. But I did enjoy going out with a friend. On Saturday we are going to a Intro Reformer class. I am so so looking forward to this class. I saw this years ago, but we never (or at least I didn't know of) had them here. My friend is a little leary of this upcoming class. She thinks I'm crazy to just want to jump into it.

Finished my month end. Balanced 1st try and am so happy.

So let the creating begin !!! :)

Thankful Thursday:

1. So happy baby and mommy are well.
2. Balanced my book work
3. I got to create tonight
4. Spending time with a friend
5. Adding machines :)

What are you thankful for today?

Tracy

24 comments:

  1. I'm lovin those charms you made, so pretty! I'm glad your neice and baby are well, hopefully he can come home soon.

    Right now, I'm thankful that it's bed time...I'm completely beat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the charms. OMG I can see these on all your mini books. Something sweet that you do. You won't hurt my feelings if you use one on my project at all! LOL How's that for bossy? LOL just kidding.
    Happy you are done with work and back to creating. me too a little:()
    blessings,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is full of little moments to treasure if we are mindful of them. Thanks for your kind comments on my post earlier.
    Am a bit homesick for Canada this week even with all that late season snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy,
    I love those charms, they are very pretty.
    Glad to hear your neice is doing well
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your niece and the baby are doing well! I love your charms, those beads are beautiful! Can't wait to see what else you end up creating with those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your charms are so pretty!

    you are going to love the reformer class! I really need to get back on mine! it really helps me relieve the stress and just stay stretched out! have a fun weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the charms! I have a ton of beads but never learned how to finish them off properly, twisting the wire, etc... You did a great job! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your charms are adorable!!!!

    5 lbs, THIRTY SIX ounces?! Typo, I'm sure...heehee....since there are only 16 ounces in a pound, which would mean this baby was actually 8 pounds. *snicker*

    Careful with that windshield crack....I know that in SOME states, they'll actually ticket you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fixed it Marlene, teehee.
    Now I know that you thoroughly read my posts, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The charms are adorable! I can see them hanging off of albums and cards. Even zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful charms. Love the purple. What fun to have a new baby in the family! :) Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the charms! Especially the rose beads...so pretty! It makes me want to break out my jewelry stuff and see what I have stashed away in there!

    PS My Valentine's card used a stamp from a Close to My Heart set...I can't think of the name of the set though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely charms! The rose charm is my favorite - love roses :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely charms. The rose one is my favorite as well. Congrats on the new baby in your family, such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love those charms, they are so pretty! Good job Tracy! Glad to hear that baby and momma are doing just fine. It's scary when the babies are that small, Ty was only 4lbs 7oz and was 18in long. There were issues while I was pregnant that caused it but he was so tiny. Glad you got to create today, I did too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tracy, I love the charms, I need to see how you made them how about a tutorial. Also how to you attact them to your books?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those charms are soooo pretty!!!! I almost swooned when I open the blog! I agree with Jan Marie. Video tutorial, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your bead charms, Tracy. They are very pretty. Could find lots of uses for them.
    Sorry to hear about your windshield. That is one of the downfalls of living where we experience winter--We have had to replace our windshield a couple of times. I hate those flying rocks from the sand they put on the roads. Luckily we got to Salt Lake and back without any.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these beaded charms you have made, and yes I agree the rose ones are my favourite too.
    So pleased the baby is doing well, a wonderful time for families, when a new baby comes along.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those charms are so pretty Tracy. Wow!! It looks so cold at your place.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Tracy, Did you used to sell beads somewhere? I got some beautiful 8mm olivine green melon beads from you a while back and I really want more! But I can't find any Esty or Ebay store and I don't know where to look. Let me know, Thanks, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only way I can reply to you.
      I have never sold beads, so it must have been someone else you had purchased them from :)

      Delete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)