Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Love Hanger

A little surprise gift for Ashley :)














I had seen hangers like this on-line and at Michael's.
But I am to thrifty to pay the price that they are charging.
So what is a crafty person (with no time on their hands) to do…..but make one of course.

So I grabbed a hanger out of my closet (Wayne doesn't need the jacket that was hung from it ;) )
I then pried the wood bar off.
It was quite easy, as it was just held on with a very tiny nail.
I did pick up this thicker wire from the dollar store.
I then shaped the word "Love" out of the wire.
A little trick…I added thin wire (I took the wire from a tiny flower bunch, you could also take apart a twist tie and use that wire) and wrapped it around the bottom of the "L" and the top of the "O".
The reason is, I wanted them to touch so there wouldn't be a gap where these letters touched.
Lastly I used a nail to hammer in a tiny hole for the wired ends to be inserted.
I then added a tad of glue and there you have it…a hanger for her wedding dress.
I think this will look pretty for the photos :)

I hope you all had a very creative day.
I will be up bright and early to help decorate the venue.
Luckily they got it a day early to decorate….this will (hopefully) lessen the stress for Friday!!!!

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a fab. job on the hanger. good luck with your decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super cute, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! I am sure your daughter will love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG can't believe it's that close! This is a fabulous idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute! So excited for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea this is!! The hanger looks amazing!! Wow!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)