Monday, June 16, 2014

Butterfly & Vintage Criss Cross cards

I forgot to share these criss cross cards I had made last week.
I made them to go with my swap, did a video, but didn't want to share them until the recipients received them, then forgot to post.

I just love this paper, isn't it just so pretty.
Because this paper is so pretty, I didn't want to cover it up.
So I punched a couple of butterflies out of blue card stock.
I then added some dew drops (I think that is what they are called) to the bodies of the butterflies.
I love how they pick up the colours of the paper beneath them and magnify it.






















This card is for a swap I was in with a gentleman. So because of this, I kept it simple.
I used some Tim Holtz papers as they are great for masculine or vintage cards.
I used a veneer typewriter which I inked with distress ink.
I then stamped on this tiny piece of paper and fed it through the opening of the typewriter.






















Yup, you read that right, I did a video with a bit more detail on these cards :)
If you want to watch this on my YouTube channel, just click on the link "Tracy's Treasures24"
My friend Debbie and I did a good walk today :)
We did a second lap around the golf course tonight.
It was a bit warm out tonight, but we had a great 2 hour walk…we even did a bit of jogging. When I say a bit..I mean a bit, lol.























Keep Creative my friends :)

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. Love this style of card. I have made them in the past. Good job on your walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty cards, Tracy, I've never seen that style before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I love the design! A bit of jogging, you're too funny :) I actually was creative today, two cards and a little book! Look at me go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are amazing. I love those fabulous papers on both of them. Gorgeous. And you are really getting on with this walking and "jogging" :-) Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous cards! I love the little butterfly bodies and the paper as you rightly observe is so so pretty! I am off to Cape Town for a few days (the opposite side of the country) to go to my nephew's christening - I am already panicking that I will not be crafting for the next couple of days. I think at this point I have admitted to myself in light of the panic attack, that I am addicted to crafting. Also wanted to come by and say thanks for coming by and leaving such ego-boosting comments on my tags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These criss cross cards are so fun. That butterfly paper is absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome cards. I love all of the attention you pay to the details, like the butterflies and how you fed the paper through the typewriter!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)