Monday, June 9, 2014

Training for a marathon

If you remember last week I had mentioned there was a milestone that I was working on....
I will share it with you today.
I have signed up for a 1/2 marathon. 
My (crazy) friend Debbie suggested I join her in running this marathon in our town. 
And as crazy as I am, I joined right along. 
Debbie was so sweet to reassure me that there will be aid stations along the way, lol
Oh ya, and we get a medal when we cross the finish line :)

A 1/2 marathon is 13.1 miles, or 21 kilometres.
Today was our first day of training. 
We walked 10.87 kg in 1hour and 44 minutes. 
I don't think that is too bad, considering we both have a couple problems with our feet..and our knees, oh ya and back, lol.
On our next one I need to bring a box if Kleenex with me. I still have a bit of my cold and went through all the Kleenex I had with me, lol. 

It isn't until September so we have plenty of time to train. 
I keep thinking of the great scrapbbook layout we can make when we complete this ;). 

Hope you all had a Creative Day :). 

Tracy :)  

13 comments:

  1. Good for you! You are going to be so fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. You can do it. Keep up the training and it will all be ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! You can do it, keep training! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonerful, you will o it, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Tracy, that's fantastic! Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go girl!! You can do it! It will be so rewarding to cross that finish line!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I keep thinking of that finish line and how great it will feel once I cross it :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome job!! Mike started his training last week for the Chicago Marathon, in October. Lots and lots of running going on at our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look forward to seeing your training progress! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally awesome!
    my goal is to enter a 5k- i jog/walk a 5k every day but not in a competition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Tracy! I am impressed!!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)