Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas...not your traditional dinner

MERRY CHRISTMAS
We woke up at about 7:30am. Well actually Kristy woke us up.
For the last few years, Wayne and I have had to wake up the girls.
I think, no I know, we spoiled our girls this year.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

I received a phone call from my SIL late last night that she was cancelling her Christmas dinner.
We go to her house for Christmas dinner every year. I have Thanksgiving she has Christmas.
It is usually my family of 5 and my sister with her 2 kids...so not a big group.

I still wanted to see my sister and her 2 kids so I told them to come here.
The problem was I didn't get any groceries.
We have Christmas eve dinner at my Father In Laws house.
Christmas dinner at my brothers.
And boxing day dinner at Sharon's my other SIL
.
So I knew I didn't need to cook dinners for the next 3 days.
And everything was closed today.

I even tried to order Chinese food, but everything is closed.

I told my sister even if we have grilled cheese sandwiches we are going to be together for Christmas, LOL.
Well we didn't have grilled cheese sandwiches. I made spaghetti, pasta sauce, garlic bread and some wild rice casserole I had left over from when I made it for dinner at my FIL's.

I hope you enjoyed your day with your family and friends, no matter what you had to eat  :)

Tracy :)

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a yummy meal! Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was more important to be together with family than what you ate. Glad you got spoiled for Christmas.
    I think we all were spoiled a bit here too.
    Now maybe there will be time for creating in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italian sounds good right now after all the rich food from the last couple of days. Glad you were able to spend the holiday with family still. Have a fun Boxing Day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as we are with family and happy that's all that counts hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. You are such a sweetheart for wanting to be together with your family, that is the way we all should be.

    Take care and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like the perfect dinner! We always have Italian for Christmas dinner (maybe because we are Italian...hahaha). I'm so glad you got to see your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. We had an Italian Christmas dinner because my husband is Italian and we go over to his parents. It was sooo good! And we all ate way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet of you to do that! All that matters is you are together =) Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card. Sounds like your Christmas was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sad that your SIL cancelled the night before. I think people stress themselves out way too much for the holidays. Too much fancy food preparation, what to buy for who, how much can you afford, did I forget anybody. I know I get severe holiday anxiety and actually don't really like christmas that much anymore. It's also partly that my MIL and her sister don't really like me and manage to get a little insult in every now and then. She lives right next door and offers no help with the kids even when I ask. Anyway, now that the holidays are over I can go back to a normal schedule and work on me and my son. We have a new doctor now and a plan so this new year plans to be a new one. Also we are planning on moving so I may not be in a dungeon anymore YAY!!!
    Happy holidays, my friend, and I hope you have a lovely wonderful and prosperous New Year!!! (I'll be here reading all about it! :D )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's awesome that you had them over and made spaghetti! That's something we would have done too, whatever it takes to get everyone together, right? Beautiful card today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card - impromtus are sometimes turn out to be the best...as long as you all got together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, love that you "found" something and it will be a fond memory down the road!
    Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)