Thursday, December 1, 2011

He-Art Journal Challenge week 19 and a Thankful Thursday

WEEK 19 - Chaos.
Yup another week of the Greeting Farms He-Art Journal Challenge.


Assignment: Create a spread or a page that is out of control! Neatness not allowed. LOL. Actually there is such a thing as 'controlled' chaos. :) Feel free to mess it up and mix it up. Not necessary to use any TGF stamps, this is YOUR journal, do what you want cuz you rule that journal!

I was worried about this one, as I have trouble with chaos. I like my pages to be neat and symmetrical.
So when I re-read the challenge I saw "Controlled Chaos", now that, I think I could do.
Then I thought of those "Eye Spy" books, where you have to find the hidden objects. Bingo :)
What I did was grab some scrap papers and some images that I had stamped for other projects that just didn't make the cut at the time.

I started with the larger pieces and then filled in the spaces with the smaller ones.
I even used some scraps of paper that I tried some shimmer sprays on.

The tape measure around the edge is from a large paper tape measure from a furniture store. I cut it down and used alcohol inks to colour it up. It had a glossy surface so distress inks wouldn't work, that is why I used the alcohol inks.

Onto My Day:
I worked all day, even though I was on the phone for almost 4 hours with my blogging friend :)
I know it is December 1st, but when I work I am always billing for the last month, so I am still in November. Once I am finished with month end, I have to get back to reality and get my butt moving with the holiday preparations.

Thankful Thursday:
I chatted the day away with a good friend.
My book work is going smoothly:)
Didn't have to make supper.....yup I ordered out. Hard to make supper when your on the phone all day, lol.

Hope you had a creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a winner of a page to me. See, you can do controlled chaos. Hard to believe you are doing months end already. This year has just flown by.
    Leslee

    ReplyDelete
  2. your book looks great, I like the tape all around, that's a good idea :)
    Blogging friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny but I see a lot of who you are in these pages. They are very telling, not in a bad way. I have a degree in psychology and was going to be certified in Art Therapy but my college didn't offer enough classes and college was a big mess for me to begin with (that's when the OCD and ADHD boiled to the surface) See rambling. Any way. I love it! Your chaos is contained and measured lol. It's also very neutral and monochramatic and it's a beatiful and serene chaos. I don't think it's so much that you don't like chaos, because some days your life is chaotic, but it's a happy a safe chaos just like you like it. That will be $150.00 (usd) for the psychoanalysis please ;D You should get a skype account so you can scrap with your blog friends and not have to hold a phone for 4 hours. After about 45 minutes I start to drift away and forget that I'm in the middle of a conversation LOL! See more rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i would have a hard time with chaos--

    awesome job! your journal is just amazing!

    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this one is my most favorite of all your pages!!!! I just love it! Sounds like you're feeling better too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So do not be surprised that even though your Bump Beds For Adults are a mere two-feet walking human being when she starts to favor blueberry pancake more than strawberry it just goes to say that she might have either advanced EQ (emotional quotient) or IQ. For situations like this your child may demand more attention and another kind of fostering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so amazingly cool!
    And you know I saw a DT call for Copics and thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOVE the distressed measuring tape! Looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. The inks worked perfectly for distressing! Your controlled chaos turned out fab!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)