Saturday, November 3, 2012
I got Sunshine...on a cloudy day.
I just couldn't help myself with the title of this post ;)
I received this award from Karon of Karon's Krafty Korner.
Thank you Karen :)
Now with every award there comes some rules and here are the rules to this award.
1. Include award logo in blog post.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link back to them.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, that you have made up yourself. (I didn't read this one, oops. I got some help from my friends)
4. Nominate 10-12 bloggers and contact them at their blog site to inform them.
So here are the questions you wanted me to answer:
1. Leslee asked- "what did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid?..."
I wanted to either be a secretary because they had cool office supplies and wore really nice clothes. Or a teacher because I loved to teach. I would play school with my younger siblings, and then with my girls when they were young.
2 Katie asked- "What is your favorite nail polish color?"
Hummm this is a hard one ;) maybe burgundy of some shade. My daughter has this creamy dark beige colour that I really like as well. My polish of choice right now is OPI.
3. Staci asked- "I know that you are short like me. Favorite place to purchase clothes?"
I am only 4' 10.5" tall. Yes I had to add the 1/2 inch ;) I haven't really bought that many clothes lately as I want to loose some poundage. But when I do shop I like to go to Suzy Shier or for casual clothes either Stitches or Eclips. Now remember I am from Canada so not sure if you have these stores in your area.
4. Karon asked- "What does blogging do for you?" Like most of you know, not only is my blog a place to share my creations, but also like an on-line journal for me. So I guess my answer would be, a place to keep mine and my families everyday memories documented. Plus I do love to read all the comments I get :)
5. Lisa E. asked- "Have you always been crafty?" Yes I have been. I learned how to knit and crochet on my own and do calligraphy when I was in early public school. I remember when I played school, I would come up with craft ideas out of paper bags....who knew I would still be using paper bags in my projects today :) I had never took art in highschool as I didn't think I was good enough.
6. Lisa R. asked- "What is your favorite December holiday tradition?" Hummm, I think it is decorating the tree and house as the whole family pitches in. I put on Christmas music when we do this. I also enjoy coming home after the family Christmas dinner (which we have on Christmas eve) turn off the lights and sit in front of the lite Christmas tree...its so peaceful.
7. Melissa asked- " How did you "meet" the person who gave you the award?" I have never met Karon in person...but how cool would that be. Karon visited my blog, so I went to check out hers. I really enjoy looking at her projects :)
8. Becky asked- "My question for you would be, how did Wayne propose?" We were in my basement apartment and he came in with a single rose, got down to his knee and asked if I would marry him...the ring was in the rose. He had said he was so nervous..not sure why as we went looking at rings together. Plus we dated for about 3 or 4 years before we got married.
9. Ashley asked- "have you always lived in that little white-starred town?" I was born in Selkirk, Manitoba. I was about 3or 4 when we moved here. All my other relatives (besides a couple of my siblings) all live in Winnipeg.
10. Claudia asked- "do you believe you were put on this earth for a reason?" No I don't think I was put here for a specific purpose. (I don't follow any type of religion)
But I am living my life with purpose. I like to think that I try to bring happiness to those around me, if I know them or not. I will tell a stranger I like their dress, or just smile and tell them to have a good day. Sometimes when we are out, my daughters will ask if I know that person...nope, strangers like to talk to me, and I think it is because of this.
11. I know we were to only answer 10 questions, but if you know me, you know I can't leave anyone out ;) So Pea asked me- "what is your middle name? " My middle name is Lynn. So is my daughter Heather's and my niece Amanda :)
So I am to give this award to 10 people, so I am giving it to all of you who had asked me these questions :)
I hope you all had a creative Saturday :)