Monday, September 5, 2011

Who wouldn't be comforted by these cuties

I made this card for my FIL, Ray and his wife Joy. They just lost their cat Molly. Molly was 14 yrs old and it was a shock when her time came.

I used this stamp that I bought while we were on our trip.
I thought this image was perfect for this card.
 I coloured the sentiment stamp with my Stampin' Up markers before I stamped it.
I only had a black ink pad with me. So these markers worked perfectly.
 Lets take another look at this adorable image shall we.
I coloured it in with my Copic markers.
I am trying to keep track of which colours I use on which cards.
So far I am just writing them on a scrap piece of paper. Any better ideas?
I was thinking of printing out tiny pictures of my cards and then adhering them to say, a recipe card with the colours documented beside them.
What do you think?
Would you like me to post the colours I use on future projects?
To many questions for a Monday, lol.
Onto My Day:
We had to leave the cottage early as we had to bring Heather to grease the trucks. Of course the weather was beautiful.
As she was greasing, Hubby went to bulldoze and I did my bookwork. Month end is almost complete :)
Now Hubby and I are watching War of the Worlds for the 100th time, lol.
We tend to re-watch movies that we enjoy....not just twice, but many times.

Hope you all enjoyed a creative Monday.

Tracy

23 comments:

  1. Oh this is so stinkin' cute, just love that little rain drenched mouse! Sorry about the kitty, always hard to loose a pet, what a nice thing to make them a card! Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card for a sad occasion. It is always heart breaking to lose a pet.
    Leslee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable image for a sad time, losing a longtime pet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this has got to be the cutest image ever! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! This is a super sweet card! I love the image and the coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an excellent job with the coloring on that card!! How sweet it is too! So sorry to hear about your In-laws kitty.

    How cool that you were able to get your month end done with plenty of time left to enjoy the rest of your weekend with the hub!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card; so sad to lose a pet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about their cat, pets are such a part of our families. Your card will so appreciated. It turned out beautiful! Your coloring just blows me away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card that would help comfort your FIL and wife...so sad to lose a family member.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so adorable.. I love it and love your coloring... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To darn cute!!
    You color so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a precious card! I'm loving my Copics (all six of them). ;-)
    Sure hope I can someday color as good as you. You rock! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card, so cute! Sorry to hear about Molly. Sad to lose a pet after so much time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card. I know from experience how difficult it is to lose a pet unexpectedly and I"m sure this card will bring a smile to their faces. It would have mine.

    I tend to re-watch movies I really enjoy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Tracy. I wish I could colour like that, mine never looks as good!
    When I do a digi LO in photoshop I save any info on a separate layer. It doesn't show but I can always find what I need to know. It would work for cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your coloring is getting really really good, not that it was ever bad but now it's really really good. I'm still mesmerized by those balloons you did, lol.

    If you take pictures and blog about the colors you used on your images, then you wouldn't really need to do the extra work of printing out the pictures and writing up a recipe card. I think pretty soon you'll be able to tell what you used just by looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card with such a cute image♥. I love your colouring.

    Hugs Marita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so beautifully colored. Great work. I think I'd try using an Excel Spread sheet to remember what you used where.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable and a beautiful job coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Tracy. Losing a kitty is so hard. :(

    I know I've seen some people set all the copics they've used on a card aside, and then photograph them together, so you can see the color codes on the caps. *This obviously works best for sketch markers, since the CIAO markers don't have the color code on the cap.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card,cute image and love your coloring.
    Have a nice day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love, love , love this image and your colouring and card are so gorgeous Tracy. This image would make a great feeling under the weather card too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tracy, just came to visit and love your card and coloring...you have nothing to worry about being a Guest Designer for Canadian Nickel!! Your designs are beautiful1
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)