Friday, October 26, 2012

Defunkifying My Dies Pt 2


I organized my dies today.
I was planning on working all day, but this was just calling out to me ;)
I got this idea from Aeryn Kelly. She gave me the idea to use these plastic CD envelopes.
Then I took from there :)





















Hard to believe that they took up two of these drawers and now they all fit into one...with lots of room to grow ;)
I cut the plastic packaging up for other projects. If you know me, I like to make use out of everything.
















Here is the front and back to these envelopes.
I should have shared a different set of dies, as this one was the ones from the CD cases, so I didn't have the original packaging. I had to print this up from the internet.
I used the original packaging on the other dies.
I am in the process of doing a video as I can go into more detail on a video :)
















Onto My Day:
Tonight is my Friday Night Scrapbooking :)
It looks like a full house tonight with more colouring...or teaching colouring going on tonight.
My friend Myra is getting into Copics and wants me to show her the basics. Colouring will help her pass the time, as she has just had her second knee replacement.

I hope you have all had a creative Friday :)

Tracy :)

11 comments:

  1. So freakin organized. I love putting things away. I just ran out of space for my dies and had to start a new row on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this...waiting to see more!!! I need to organize mine better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun scrapping tonight! What a great way to store them! I have maybe 15 total, and they are just in a little drawer right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very good at organizing. Looks great. Have fun with your
    Friday night scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, look at all that space you have saved - oh no a shopping trip is needed to fill it up LOL! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That was a great way to save space! I feel that getting my supplies in order increases my craftyness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! Thanks for sharing Tracy. I'm heading to Staples tomorrow to grab some of these and get to work! (It'll be a great project when the power goes out from this uber storm headed our way).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great way to store them! It's amazing what a change in packaging can do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you went from TWO drawers to one! What a space saver!! I have one brand of dies stored in CD sleeves, similar to this, but in a different drawer system, and I need to go ahead and store my Nestabilities in there too. Hope the teaching lesson went well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! Apparently the internet hates me today!

    I love how you saved so much space with this storage!

    I hope Friday night coloring went well :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)