Saturday, December 1, 2012

Jazzing up my Garland


Its the first of December so I can now share with you my Christmas projects :)
Remember I had mentioned that I had decorated my outdoors early this year?
This is what it looks like right now.
Pretty snow covered, just how I like it.















This is how it looked when I put it up......see no snow.
But it was such a beautiful day, I bit the bullet and put them up early.















I wanted to jazz my garland up this year. It is getting old and needed a bit of pazzaz.
So after I pulled the garland out, I reshaped the branches as they get all smooshed in the bag.















I bought a couple of packages of non-shatter Christmas balls and attached them to the garland.
I used tiny black zip ties to hold the balls on the garland.
I had to vacuum the carpet four times...yup the garland is on its last legs, lol. 















Here it is attached under my dinning room window.
Years ago I had drilled in the concrete (you need a special masonry drill bit) then put in masonry screws. I never take them out, so every year I just wrap the garland ends around the screw heads.
See no snow.















This one is below my living room window.
I'm thinking we need to trim the cedar bush...what do you think, lol.















Another photo of the garland now :)
It is a night photo.





















Tomorrow I will share the simple wreath I had put together :)

Onto My Day:
My tooth is still bothering me but I have to say not as bad as yesterday.
After taking the sinus medicine a couple of times, I woke up to my sinuses draining down my throat as I slept...gross.
The rest of the day I have been blowing my nose and it sounds like I have a full blown cold.
So hopefully the dentist was correct and it is my sinuses and not my tooth.

Today Wayne, Heather and I went out to find me a case for my phone.
Then I downloaded some apps. I am slowly learning :)

Kristy and her boyfriend Blake went to a concert.
Kristy was so excited as she won the "Meet and Greet" with the band.
















So that's it for me tonight :)
I hope you have all had a creative Saturday :)
I got to do book work...so hard to believe its already December..wow.

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. Great post Tracy and I love your garlands. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garlands look great. Especially now that you have spruced them up. It looks especially nice with the snow on it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garland looks really pretty with the snow (pls keep it out your way....lol). Glad your tooth (or sinuses) is feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the upgrade your garland got :) I keep using mine over and over every year too. It's 15 years old now and keeps on kickin'! Lol! The picture with the snow on it is my favorite :) More Christmasy that way!! Kristy is so cute, I bet she was so excited to meet the band.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yhour decorations look awesome! i love it with the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I'm so jealous of your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful Christmas decoration and it looks great against with the snow!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful! You can keep that snow though. We're having some very strange warm weather here-60 degrees (F) in December. Weird. We had a warm winter last year so maybe we'll have a repeat this yet (I hope-I could live without the snow).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ornaments on the garland. And the snow makes them look extra pretty!

    We are not where near having snow! It was 60 degrees and foggy today! I'm so upset, I love snow!

    I guess I'm happy-ish you got a cold, in that it might not be your tooth. But it would be even better if you had no cold and no tooth ache!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the christmas garland you fixed up. so much snow, I'm jealous. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eww, yet yay on your sinuses draining- good sign! And your garland looks lovely with the snow on it! Great idea to use zip ties!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very festive your outdoor areas look. Good thing you put it all up when the temperatures were still warm. You'd have frostbite on your fingers had you waited until the cold ;-)

    Cool. Your daughter and her boyfriend got to go backstage to meet the band. How fun.

    Love - Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)