Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lazy Day sleeping my cold away.

I didn't do to much today. I am still feeling pretty sh1tty because of this cold. I even took cold medication (I never take pills). And they didn't even work. If I ever take even an aspirin it kicks my arse (don't you just love that word, Arse, for some reason it makes me giggle) and I go to sleep.
So I stayed at home all day. I was suppose to take my dad for his monthly blood work but I didn't trust my judgement to drive. I will either take him tomorrow or the next day, depending on how I am feeling.
I did 2 loads of laundry and hung them outside to dry. It was beautiful outside today. The temperature was about 27C which is about 80F.
Here are some pictures of some of my flowers which are in bloom right now.
I think these are called Flox

These are wild pansies. They just pop up where ever. These ones are at the corner of my patio. Looks like I put them there.

These are my bleeding hearts. When we moved into this house 16 yrs ago. These were growing in the bush behind our property. So my SIL and I went and transplanted them in my flower bed. Now I find baby plants popping up all over my yard.
The blue shed in the background is my work shop, where I do my wood working. But only in the warm months as there is no heat in there.
So I did laundry, caught up on book work and slept on and off all day. Hopefully I slept this cold away.
Did you guys see Biggest Loser tonight. Wow those guys looked so good. Yeah for Michael.
So what have you done today to make you feel proud?
Tracy

12 comments:

  1. Your flowers re awesome! I wish I had your temps, brrr it's been cold here and I want to go wakeboarding!

    I'm with you, I'd rather be just sick, then sick and dopey! Here's my non medicine solutions...just because you didn't ask;p I stuff countless Vicks Puffs up my nose and daily Booster Juice!!!! The vitamins alone make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great 'sick' day to me. I'm glad you still got so much done, but I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    Thank you also for all of the lovely comments you have left me lately. I hope to be back posting to a more regular basis and blog surfing more often really soon. Love your blog and your projects. Looking forward to getting to know you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful!

    I wish I had your weather, too. It's hotter than hades here. I'm sitting here, literally TOPLESS while typing this. Yeah, I know - what a visual. Stop laughing already.

    Get well soon, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww hope you are feeling much better! I can't believe we have both posted flowers from our garden at the same time, well not quite 'cus I am on UK time. Wish we had the hot weather you have more often we had the last 3/4 days around 75/80 but now it's back cold again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty flowers! I hope you feel better soon. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous flowers! I love bleeding hearts! They are just super cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon! Your flowers look beautiful, I especially love the pansies.

    It's going to be 90 here today and we might just be able to get into the pool (yes hubby has it opened already)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers. Hope you feel better. If I have a cold, I take a shot of nyquil and sleep. It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. feel better and i love the flowers... thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better soon! Your flowers are reminding me of how badly I need to get out in my garden. Yikes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, those colds are such a nuisance. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers!
    I love bleeding hearts! They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)