Sunday, July 25, 2010

Where is my pretty background?

Imagine my surprise when I opened up my blog to find my pretty background had vanished. I don't even remember how I got it up here. I guess I will be asking Ashley for some help.

Remember the old rusty gas can I found last weekend. I wanted to make it into a planter. Hubby and a certain blogging friend (Marlene) thought that there was no hope for this and it should just be put in the trash.

Well I had to prove them wrong, and I think I succeeded. LOL.
Wait until you see what I found for next weekend. Ohhh I can't wait!!!!!

I finished this book on the ride home from camp. Nope I didn't crochet this time, teehee. This book is really good. Actually all her books are good.
This one is about a girl who's raised in a very religious and abusive family. She questions their way of life. And because of that she is sent away. I would give this book a 4.9 out of 5. I read it in about 4 hours.

Here are the baby robins from my neighbour, Sonja's camp. Ugly little things aren't they.

When Heather went to work tonight, we had to check on the nest under the truck trailer. The nest is still there and there is only one egg in it. I really don't think it will hatch as the mama can't go on the nest all day as the truck is on the road. But she was sitting on the nest when Heather went to grease a different truck.

I took this picture at camp today. I don't think you can tell by this picture, but the bee is lifting its are/leg up in the air. It seemed like he was trying to wave at the camera LOL. Remember a couple of weeks ago when one of my (not me) children left our freezer door open and we had to eat chicken breasts all week. Well one of them did it again. Of course no one will admit to it. Luckily I didn't stock up on meat, but all my blueberries from last year have thawed out. I am upset about that. Ashley was upset that her Dairy Queen Birthday cake thawed out. That sucker was $35.oo. And only 1/4 of it was eaten. GRRRR
Does anyone have a super easy/fast recipe for blueberry jam/jelly? I don't want those suckers to go to waste.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like Mr. Nobody is popping in to see you! he used to be at our house when I was growing up, he got up to all sorts of naughty things... my mom and dad were mad at him a lot,, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. hope you get your background back it is weird without it

    ReplyDelete
  3. tracy, I know the frustration of the thawed out freezer. I am sorry. It got so bad that we thought it may be opening "by itself." We ended up putting another outside latch on it. Good luck with the jam. How about some syrup to freeze for winter pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was fooling around with my blog and saw that my background had a warning that I would be losing it.
    I once used the top of an old BBQ pit as a planter. Good luck with the blue berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a notice on your blog that says the image was removed from photobucket.

    Cute planter. Love rusty stuff.

    Hey--I wanted to ask you...I think I saw that you had heat embossed on acrylic or acetate--did you? And if so, how did you do it and what kind of clear "paper" was it? I've tried a few things and it all melts.

    BTW, I am posting as anonymous because I don't know my url. I'm Paisleys Garden at 2 peas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer about your background. Technology is a love/hate relationship in my house. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you resurrected your found gas can.

    Try these sites for canning recipes:

    http://www.freshpreserving.com/
    http://www.canning-recipes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. First - I know many others who received notices that their backgrounds would be GONZO as of Friday...so I think that's what happened. You won't get it back...gotta go to another site and get another background, chicky.

    Second, I just KNEW you'd prove me wrong....you stubborn old goat! LOL!

    Third....YIKES on the freezer situation AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)