Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pulling up the old.

First off I will share a book with you that I read. I got this book from my daughter Heather. She enjoys books about teens with mental health issues.
This book was OK. I didn't really love the main character. I thought she was spoiled and thought a little to highly of herself. But things are explained at the end of the book. I don't want to give it away. I would give this book a 5 out of 10.

Here is the carpet we installed this weekend. Just kidding, scared you didn't I? LOL. Actually this is Kristy and Ashley's room at camp/cottage. We removed these tiles of carpet.
Here is Heather's room. Gross, that stain is from a case of pop that my BIL forgot under the bed and it exploded during the winter. Heather's room had 2 layers of carpeting and an underlay.
We took out the carpeting and put in the nice new one. But now that there is only one carpet (instead of 2) the baseboards don't cover all of the unpainted part of the wall. So before we can install the baseboards we have to paint the wall further down.
Here is the hallway. More nice carpet tile, NOT. This used to be in the living room, until my in laws (whom owned it before hubby and I) changed it to click lock hardwood flooring.
This carpet tile is from swatches of carpet samples glued, yes I said GLUED down to the floor. Can you believe I didn't take any after photos!!! Here is our newest baby. Out of the robin's eggs only 1 baby bird. Awwww, what an ugly little thing isn't he.We love to feed the chipmunks that come to visit. We wondered why we didn't them that much, well here is why. They don't come out when the squirrels are around. We don't have many squirrels. This guy was chatting up a storm with me. Guess he wanted some peanuts instead of the sunflower seeds teehee.We bought hubby a weather center for Father's Day. He wanted to put it up at camp/cottage. It was a little sketchy working on the ladder. So he got his dad to hoist him up in his mini loader to install it on the garage.I also cleaned out an old flower bed. It was overgrown with grass and sod. I had to use a pick axe to get all the overgrowth out. In the middle of the flower bed was an old stump. The underneath of it was rotten, but the top of the stump was hard. So my FIL brought over his mini loader and pulled out the stump. So now I just need some topsoil to fill it in and get to planting.
Between pulling up that carpeting and cutting through the sod I am going to be sore tomorrow.
It was a beautiful day today, hubby even went swimming.

Hope your Saturday was a nice one.

Tracy

2 comments:

  1. Starting to look good now and lots happening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos! I think the bird is CUTE!!!! Awwwww!!!

    (That carpet tile has got to go, though! ROfL!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)