Sunday, June 13, 2010

Finished painting, and our Neat Robin

Well I think I am finished painting, yup, hopefully I am anyway.
Here is Heather's bedroom up at camp. See inside the closet, that is what the whole room looked like. I didn't do the closet till we were done the whole room, just in case we ran out of paint. It took 3 coats to cover the panelling.
Oh I just had to share with you the funky light that was in her room. I say "was" as she doesn't want it back up. Funny thing is when hubby and I bought our 1st home. This was like the light fixture that they had in the kitchen, except it was bright orange and the steel closet doors were this bright sunshine yellow.

Her is her room all done. We did get to do the closet and we also painted the ceiling.

Almost every year a robin makes a nest under this boat. I am not sure the last time this boat was used. For one thing we wouldn't disrupt this nest, and for another hubby has a different boat. If you look very closely above this nest you can see another nest under the boat seat. See the grass peeking out. What is this a bird apartment teehee. I love how creative this robin was. She has the moss hanging off the edge here. Very pleasing to the eye.This robin is my kind of bird. Look how she has lined all her eggs in a neat row. You think she is a tad anal about everything being organized LOL.
I had to get a stool to stand on, then put my camera over the nest and hope that it was in view as I couldn't get above the nest. The robin paid me a visit this morning banging on my window. Guess she didn't like me taking pictures of her babies teehee. Oh just wait mama bird until they hatch. You use my boat as shelter, I get to take pictures, fair is fair.

We left camp at around 3:00. I did some more crocheting on our drive home from camp. It is just shy of a 2 hour drive. I think I did more crafting in the truck this weekend then I have done all week at home.
Does this sound like a problem to you, because it does to me.
I plan on watching a movie tonight with hubby, and doing some book work. That's the plan.

Hope your weekend was a crafty one.

Tracy

15 comments:

  1. Heather has good choice in colour.. green is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the robin's nest and her eggs. That is my favorite color!!!

    Beautiful paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...what a lovely colour challenge that nest and eggs would be. I would play if you did that:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cottage is looking great! Your butterflies and flowers turned out great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love the green. Such a great color, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green looks a thousand per cent better than the panelling!

    Love that you got a pic of the robin's nest. Way cool. Can't wait to see a pic of the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely room now it's done, great pic of the nest and the robin's eggs, weird how I look at colour of everything for card inspiration but only done this since I had a blog!! by the way Thanks Tracy, I have sorted out the header now... not sure how it happened but thanks so much for letting me know x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy, Bobby (my little 4 year old) wants to know why the Robin's eggs are blue when the robins are brown and red, any ideas as he wants to know Lol!
    I love Robins and we get them in our garden, definately my favourite bird.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracy,
    I love the color that you used.
    Too funny about the robins egg, I can so relate.
    Thanks for sharing
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that green color you painted. It sounds like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the green, and the robin egg blue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally love the new color! It looks so fresh and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aren't birds the funniest! We have some wrens that buid in the same spot every year. Luckily, it isn't close to the house. We did have a cardinal build a nest in some honeysuckle bushes, but I think something got her:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the robin's nest and her eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the color..great pic of the nest!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)